Please read this information carefully for steps on obtaining your Florida All-lines Adjuster License.
Getting Your Florida Adjuster License
Under the authority of Florida Statute §626.221 and the endorsement of the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS), after you have successfully completed the Florida PPIA Licensing and Designation Program you can apply for your Florida All-lines Adjuster License and will be exempt from taking the State examination. The PPIA Certificate of Completion, which will be emailed to you, will allow you to secure your Florida All-lines Adjuster License after completing the following steps:
- Apply for your license with the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Obtain your Certificate of Satisfactory Completion from the HurriClaim Training Academy awarding you your PPIA designation.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Completion to the State of Florida.
- Get your fingerprints taken and pass the security check.
For more information about Florida Licensure and Compliance visit the Florida Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services web sites below:
- Licensing and compliance
- Adjuster licensing qualifications and adjuster types
- Florida designations
- Address and contact information
- Steps to obtain the all-lines adjuster license
Adjuster Licensing Requirements
- Citizenship Requirement:
An applicant for licensure must be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses work authorization from the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. If you are a legal alien with a work authorization visa, you must apply for and obtain a Social Security Card prior to applying for licensure with the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Fingerprinting Requirement:
For Florida residents: Fingerprints must be taken through the specified vendor and submitted by LiveScan at one of the Department's fingerprinting sites. View additional fingerprinting information on the Florida website.
For nonresidents: Fingerprint cards with instructions will be mailed to the applicant by MorphoTrust USA after payment is made. View additional fingerprinting information on the Florida website.
Note: Criminal history checks are valid for one (1) YEAR. This means that if an applicant applies for an additional class of insurance license during this one (1) year period, he/she will NOT be required to file another fingerprint card unless specifically requested to by the Department.
Requirements for applicants with prior criminal history.
- Licensing Fees:
Get the most current information on adjuster licensing fees by viewing the Payment Methods & FeesDivision on the Insurance Agent and Agency Licesing Services website.
Steps to Apply For Your License
Following successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the HurriClaim Training Academy (a partner of MindCross Training). You must update your profile with your correct name and address before your paperwork can be processed. Your name and address should match that which you will use when you apply for your license. You will then submit the Certificate of Completion to Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) after applying for your license.
After completing the course and passing the tests, follow the steps below to apply for your license online or view the steps outlined by the Florida Department of Financial Services:
- Have your SSN and a valid credit card available.
- Open a Browser on your PC and go to the Florida Department of Financial Services - My Profile Login to begin the application process.
- Login or create an account.
- When you apply for your adjuster license, you will specify the license type: INDEPENDENT/COMPANY adjuster license, and whether you are a RESIDENT (6-20 All-lines) or NONRESIDENT (7-20 All-lines).
- Complete the online application. You will be required to supply some personal background information. In addition, you should have your Social Security Number (SSN) and credit card available.
- There will be a section where you will indicate on your application that you are obtaining your license by Designation, NOT by Examination.
- Choose YES when asked the following question:
"Do you have the Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Accredited Claims Adjuster (ACA), Professional Insurance Adjuster (PIA), Professional Property Insurance Adjuster (PPIA), or Certified Claims Adjuster (CCA) designation?"
- When getting your license by designation, you will be automatically exempt from the examination fee.
- If you are applying for a nonresident license, the above question will not appear, and you will automatically be exempt from the examination fee.
- At the end of the application process you will be given a summary page with your information. It will specify that you are required to send your Certificate of Completion to Florida, Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Licensing. Be sure to include your application number when submitting this paperwork. The contact information for Florida DFS, Bureau of Licensing is below.
NOTE: Florida DFS, Bureau of Licensing allows you to email or fax your Certificate of Completion to the department. If you choose to fax the paperwork, be sure to place your full name and your application number or social security number on the cover sheet. You may, alternatively, contact us at 304.725.2617 with your SSN and we will expedite the processing of your paperwork and application by submitting your information to the state of Florida for you.
- At this point you will also be required to apply to have your fingerprints taken. Visit the Florida Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services' web site for fingerprinting information.
Florida DFS Contact Information
Visit the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) website for current contact information. Paperwork can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Bureau of Licensing using the information below.
Phone: (850) 413-3137
Fax: (850) 413-3291
Department of Financial Services
Bureau of Licensing, Room 419
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319